Emergencies of various types, sizes, intensities, and duration may occur within or near the Town of Farmville boundaries. These emergencies can develop into disasters that affect the safety, health, and welfare of the population and cause destruction to private and public property. The government of the Town of Farmville is responsible for maintaining an emergency plan and response capability to protect the lives and property of its citizens from the effects of both man-made and natural disasters.
Build an Emergency Kit
Having an emergency supply kit is an important step in being prepared for an emergency or disaster. There may be limited access to gas stations, grocery stores, and banks immediately after a large-scale weather event. Power might be out and there may be limited access to water. It is important to think ahead about the items you may need to survive at home for 72 hours after an event.
Basic Items Include
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day
- Food, three day supply of non-perishable items
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Manual can opener for food
- Cash, small denominations, and coins
- Copies of important documents
- Emergency Preparedness Information